Grand Jury Indictments
(Note: An indictment is not an indication of guilt, but rather a citizen jury’s verdict that a prosecutor has enough evidence against a person to proceed with felony charges.)
Those facing trial include:
• George Martinez Jr., 46, of 113 N. Urbanec in East Bernard for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on Dec. 13, 2020. He allegedly used a motor vehicle to hit a woman.
• Augustine Mendoza Jr., 29, of 9062 FM 441 in Louise for failure to register as a sex offender on Jan. 7. Convicted of attempted sexual assault of a child, he allegedly failed to report his address to law enforcement.
• Casey Lee Molina, 37, of 301 Hoover in Edna for possession of a controlled substance on Nov. 29, 2020. He allegedly had more than 4 grams of cocaine.
Molina has a prior felony conviction for unlawful possession of a controlled substance on Aug. 21, 2007.
• Erica Ann Moreno, 36, of 1430 Prosperity in El Campo for identity theft on June 19, 2018.
• Jose De Jesus Muniz, 22, of 602 Washington in Wharton for evading arrest with a vehicle on Aug. 12, 2020.
• Regina Nunez, 43, of 11722 Chadbrook in Houston for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on Jan. 6. She allegedly threatened a woman by putting a vehicle in reverse and trying to hit her and then waving “sticks at her in a threatening manner.”
• Fernando Pacheco, 28, of 90 Palo Blanco in Alamo for unlawful use of a criminal instrument, money laundering greater than $30,000 and engaging in organized criminal activity on Nov. 10, 2020. He allegedly hid cash related to drug trafficking in a hidden compartment.
• Felix Pena Jr., 38, of 113 Urbanec in East Bernard for two counts of possession of a controlled substance and a single count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on Dec. 13, 2020. He allegedly had more than a gram of methamphetamine and less than a gram of cocaine.
On the same day, Pena stands accused of using a vehicle to strike a woman.
Pena has prior felony convictions for possession of marijuana on May 9, 2000 and tampering with evidence on Aug. 20, 2009, both in Wharton County.
• Paublo Pedro Polina, 29, of 514 Sunset in Wharton for evading arrest with a vehicle on Jan. 4.
Polina has a prior misdemeanor conviction for evading arrest on March 14, 2018 in Wharton County.