Grand Jury Indictments
(Note: An indictment is not an indication of guilt, but rather a citizen jury’s verdict that a prosecutor has enough evidence against a person to proceed with felony charges.)
Those facing trial include:
• Michael Mark Allen, 29, of 9713 Hwy. 60 in Lane City for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (family violence) on Sept. 13. He allegedly used a knife, holding it to a woman’s throat to threaten her.
Allen has prior felony conviction for tampering with evidence in Brazoria County in August 2015.
• Paul Daniel Anzaldua Jr., 37, of 899 Wilderness Trail in Wharton for forgery on Jan. 27. The alleged crime involved just under $2,000.
• Jada Ka Brantley, 49, of 10203 Old Orchard Road in La Porte for burglary of a habitation on Nov. 2, 2016. She allegedly broke into a home stealing air rifles and pistols along with assorted tools.
• Jermell D. Burnett, 22, of 108 E. Caney in Wharton for possession of a controlled substance with the intent to deliver, escape and evading arrest with a previous conviction on Aug. 8. He allegedly had more than four grams of synthetic marijuana with the intent to sell and attempted to flee from a Wharton police office.
Burnett has prior felony convictions for assault of a public servant and evading arrest in Matagorda County on Sept. 2, 2015.
• Keion Eugene Caesar, 21, of 611 Main in El Campo for aggravated robbery and engaging in organized criminal activity between April 6 and 14. He stands accused of using a handgun to threaten a man on April 14.
Caesar also allegedly worked with others to burglarize a vehicle on April 6.
He has a prior felony conviction for home burglary on April 14, 2014 in Wharton County.
• Jermaine Demond Carr, 41, of 605 Koehl in Wharton for assault family violence on Aug. 7. He allegedly hit a woman in the face.
Carr has a history of violence, convicted of the felony aggravated assault on April 14, 1998 in Wharton County.
• Coy Lee Creager, 29, of 4427 CR 382 in Louise for burglary of a building on May 30.
• Roman Gabriel Cruz, 40, of 902 E. Hillje in El Campo for evading arrest or detention on Aug. 22.
Cruz has a prior felony conviction for evading arrest in Wharton County in August 1996.
• Darrell Eugene Edwards Jr., 36, of 513 W. Caney in Wharton for two counts of aggravated robbery on July 20. He allegedly used a firearm to threaten two men while stealing from them.
Edwards has two prior felony convictions in Wharton County – robbery on Aug. 25, 2002 and manufacturing/delivering a controlled substance on Feb. 11, 2010.
• Tonya Shaquel Elder, 33, of 7719 W. Bernard in Hungerford for identity theft on Aug. 3. She allegedly had another person’s ID card and gave it to a Wharton police officer representing it as her own.
• Wendy Marie Eplen, 40, of 2500 College Blvd., No. 7009, in Wharton for family violence with a previous conviction on Aug. 4. She allegedly punched a man in the face.
• Demarquis Demond Faniel, 25, of 4917 Reading Road, No. 2205, in Rosenberg for possession of a controlled substance on Aug. 3. He allegedly had less than a gram of crack cocaine.
• Juan Ricardo Flores-Parra, 23, of 1017 W. Second in El Campo for possession of a controlled substance on June 22. He allegedly had more than a gram of Hydrocodone.
• Manny Richard Gaona, 32, of 410 N. Wharton in El Campo for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on Aug. 28. He allegedly fired a shot at a man’s vehicle in threat.
Gaona has a prior felony conviction for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in Matagorda County in April 2015.
• Felicia Garcia-Trevino, 25, of 1607 Bravo in El Campo for identity theft on June 1, 2016. She allegedly had a social security card and other items belonging to a woman and used them in an attempt to receive a credit card.
• Regino Luis Gonzales, 26, of 810 August in El Campo for indecency with a child by contact on Dec. 2, 2008.
• Jontae Dapre Graves, 27, of 501 E. Watt in El Campo for burglary of a habitation, theft of material and burglary of a building on July 13. He stands accused of breaking into a home and other structure stealing less than $30,000 of aluminum.
• Mark Anthony Hernandez, 26, of 44 Sam Houston in La Ward for aggravated assault – family violence causing serious injury and involving a deadly weapon on Aug. 11. He allegedly used a vehicle to attack a man who was struck and suffered serious injury.
• Joseph Gerard Holmes, 49, of 7500 EF Lowery, Expy., in Texas City for home burglary on March 9. He allegedly broke into a home with the intention of committing an assault.
Holmes has two prior felony convictions – home burglary and vehicle burglary – in Galveston County in August 1988 and May 1991 respectively.
• Tanner Iseri, 42, of 1414 Crestmont in Wharton for endangering a child on Sept. 8. He stands accused of pointing a gun at a child’s face.
• Demarcus Jones, 20, of 1203 CR 213 in Wharton for theft on June 5. He allegedly stole an English bulldog.