Grand Jury Indictments
(Note: An indictment is not an indication of guilt, but rather a citizen jury’s verdict that a prosecutor has enough evidence against a person to proceed with felony charges.)
Those facing trial include:
• Roilan Katorian Jackson, 23, of 110 CR 136 in Wharton for possession of a controlled substance on Feb. 21. He allegedly had more than a gram of methamphetamine.
• Chad Jason Long, 31, of 105 Cedar in Louise for burglary of a habitation on March 4. He allegedly broke into a home with the intent to commit an assault.
Long has two prior felony convictions for home burglary – on April 25, 2007 in Eastland County and Aug. 26, 2011 in Wharton County.
• Joseph Joe McMillian, 37, of 1087 CR 306 in El Campo for possession of a controlled substance with the intent to deliver on Feb. 1. He allegedly had more than 4 grams of methamphetamines.
McMillian has prior felony convictions for failure to register as a sex offender on Aug. 19, 2010 and burglary of a building on Feb. 16, 2012, both in Wharton County.
• Melvin Deray McMillon, 35, of 1218 Sam in El Campo for driving while intoxicated third or more offense on March 4.
McMillion has two prior misdemeanor DWIs – on Aug. 18, 2010 in Wharton County and April 14, 1999 in Victoria County as well as a felony conviction for driving while intoxicated third or more offense in Victoria County on Aug. 5, 2011.
• Gloria Sue Munoz, 22, of 409 W. Jackson in El Campo for evading arrest with a motor vehicle on Feb. 4.
• Anthony Nuncio, 23, of 200 Timbercreek in Richwood for driving while intoxicated with a child passenger on March 11. His two child passengers were both less than two years old.
• Meliton Ortiz Jr., 25, of 605 Divide in El Campo for possession of a controlled substance on March 1. He allegedly had less than a gram of crystal meth.
• Jasmine Nichole Perkins, 35, of 1803 FM 655, C-6, in Rosharon for retaliation and robbery on Feb. 21. She allegedly pushed a woman off a raised porch onto concrete in retaliation for reporting a crime and then stole from her.
• Michael Dwayne Presson, 58, of 15261 FM 530 in Hallettsville for driving while intoxicated third or more offense on Feb. 9.
Presson has misdemeanor DWI offenses in Harris County on Nov. 12, 1997 and March 21, 2002 as well as felony convictions for possession of a controlled substance in Harris County on May 12, 1993 and aggravated robbery on April 17, 2012 in Fort Bend County.
• James Randell Rivera, 27, of 918 Tom in El Campo for aggravated assault causing serious bodily injury, family violence, with a deadly weapon on March 17. He allegedly used a four-door car to strike a woman in the knee.
Rivera has a prior felony conviction for burglary of a habitation on April 16, 2009 in Wharton County.
• Franklin Jicole Scarlett, 30, of 103 Columbus in Wharton for two counts of family violence on March 17. He allegedly punched a woman in the face and a man in the jaw.
Scarlett has a history of family violence and a felony conviction for possession of a controlled substance in Wharton County.
• Jessica Spiller, 38, of 806 E. Emily in Wharton for assault of a public servant on Feb. 20. She allegedly scratched a Wharton Police Officer’s face while he was attempting to detain her.
• Nancy Newman Torres, 32, of 513 Lundy in El Campo for possession of a controlled substance with the intent to deliver on Feb. 1. She allegedly had more than 4 grams of methamphetamine with the intent to sell.
• Mark Antony Trinidad, 27, of 2213 El Erbol in Brownsville for possession of a controlled substance on Feb. 26. He allegedly had less than a gram of THC oil.
• Anthony Michael Walters, 33, of 100 McElroy, Apt. 15, in Wharton for driving while intoxicated third or more offense on Feb. 24.
He has two misdemeanor DWI convictions – on Aug. 3, 2011 in Harris County and July 16, 2014 in Wharton County.
• Bethany Marie Welch, 20, of 4323 CR 141 in Wharton for tampering with evidence on Jan. 27. He allegedly attempted to conceal marijuana cigarettes and a baggie in an attempt to impair a police investigation.