Grand Jury Indictments
(Note: An indictment is not an indication of guilt, but rather a citizen jury’s verdict that a prosecutor has enough evidence against a person to proceed with felony charges.)
Those facing trial include:
• Camilo Rodriguez, 35, of 611 Bruns in El Campo for failure to register as a sex offender on June 20. Convicted of aggravated sexual assault of a child on Aug. 10, 2010, he is required to report changes in his employment and allegedly failed to do so.
In a separate action, the grand jury indicted Rodriguez of sexual assault of a child on Nov. 1, 2014.
An assault family violence with prior conviction indictment was handed down as well. In that case, he stands accused of using his fist to strike a woman and otherwise harming her on Nov. 6, 2018. The indictment notes he has a history of family violence.
Rodriguez has a prior felony conviction for aggravated robbery on March 16, 2006 in Harris County.
• Julio Lopez Ronquillo Jr., 45, of 1414 Jennie in El Campo for family violence causing serious bodily injury with a deadly weapon on March 17. He allegedly used a baseball bat to strike a woman.
• Onesimo Salgado, 29, of 1415 Mary in El Campo for possession of a controlled substance on March 16. He allegedly had more than a gram of cocaine.
• Antonio Sanchez, 25, of 905 Franklin in El Campo for two counts of family violence with a previous conviction on March 2. He allegedly choked a woman and used his fist to hit her in the head.
• Patrick Sanchez, 31, of 408-B Bluebonnet in El Campo for two counts of possession of a controlled substance on Feb. 26 on March 9. He allegedly had less than a gram of methamphetamine on both days.
• Walterric Keion Spicer, 18, of 13525 Braxton in Kendleton for possession of a controlled substance on March 23. He allegedly had less than a gram of cocaine.
• Austin Lee Rolland Valderez, 26, of 290 Pickering in Cleveland for possession of a controlled substance on Feb. 18. He allegedly had less than a gram of tetrahydrocannabinols, the active ingredient in marijuana.
• Jenna Renee Webb, 26, of 301 S. Wharton in El Campo on possession of a controlled substance on March 31. She allegedly had more than a gram of methamphetamine.
• Bruce Allen Yerdon, 29, of 511 Texas in Boling for intoxication assault on Nov. 18, 2018. He allegedly caused others harm while driving drunk.
A superseding indictment adds to or corrects information in a previously issued indictment. The following were handed down:
• Henry Lewis Taylor, 51, of 2910 Old Lane City Road, No. 4, in Wharton for attempted sexual assault, burglary of a habitation with the intent to commit an assault and burglary of a habitation with the intent to commit another felony on March 1.
• Daniel David Hennessey, 17, of 215 Illinois in Orchard for possession of a controlled substance on Jan. 20. He allegedly had more than a gram of methamphetamine.
• Robert Edward Gaona, 27, of 406 E. Watt in El Campo for unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon on June 17, 2018. Convicted of unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon on Sept. 4, 2014, Gaona was prohibited from being in possession of a weapon.