Grand Jury Indictments
(Note: An indictment is not an indication of guilt, but rather a citizen jury’s verdict that a prosecutor has enough evidence against a person to proceed with felony charges.)
Those facing trial include:
• Tanner Iseri, 42, of 1414 Crestmont in Wharton for endangering a child on Sept. 8. He stands accused of pointing a gun at a child’s face.
• Demarcus Jones, 20, of 1203 CR 213 in Wharton for theft on June 5. He allegedly stole an English bulldog.
• Brandon Ford Latreet, 33, of 621 E. Elm in Wharton for possession of a controlled substance on July 6. He allegedly had less than a gram of Phencyclidine, commonly known as PCP.
Latreet has two prior felony convictions in Wharton County – credit or debit card abuse in June 2012 and evading arrest with a previous conviction in December 2013.
• Lance Alexander Latson, 37, of 403 E. West in El Campo for manufacturing or delivery of a controlled substance and abandoning or endangering a child on July 14. He stands accused of having more than a gram of crack cocaine and allowing a child to be in the presence of that drug along with marijuana.
• Joe Lewis Jr., 23, of 1201 Ave. B in Bay City for possession of a controlled substance with the intent to deliver more than 400 grams on Aug. 8. He allegedly had synthetic marijuana.
• Charles Andrew Martinez, 52, of 814 E. Milwaukee in Houston for forgery on April 3. He allegedly forged a check for $1,764.31.
Martinez has prior felony convictions for manufacturing or delivery of a controlled substance in December 2009 and theft in March, both in Harris County.
• Kenneth Ray McClain Jr., 21, of 1408 Hayden in El Campo for assault family violence on Aug. 29. He allegedly choked a woman.
• Eneas Mendez, 40, of 504 N. Fulton in Wharton for evading arrest with a motor vehicle on Sept. 3.
Mendez has a prior felony conviction for robbery on July 18, 2001 in Wharton County.
• Jaimie Leigh Reagan, 28, of 808 Hoskins Broadway in El Campo for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on Aug. 28. She allegedly fired a handgun at a man’s vehicle while he was inside.
• Kedren Deshaun Riggins, 29, of 201 Olive in El Campo for burglary of a habitation on July 25.
• Billy Deshaun Schooler, 32, of 1415 Hodges Lane, No. 12, in Wharton for possession of a controlled substance on Aug. 2. He allegedly had less than a gram of crack cocaine.
• Jacob William Schulz, 22, of 415 CR 146 in Wharton for evading arrest with a motor vehicle on July 22.
• Laderrick Tyrone Smith, 24, of 112 Red River Apartments, No. 1820, in Wharton for aggravated assault with a deadly weapon (family violence) on July 30. He allegedly used a box cutter to cut a woman’s neck and otherwise threaten her.
• Malcolm Charles Smith II, 27, of 6126 Landmark in Sugar Land for possession of a controlled substance in a drug free zone and possession of a controlled substance on Aug. 7. He allegedly had less than a gram of cocaine and more than a gram of ecstasy within 1,000 feet of Pleasure Park in Wharton.
Smith has a prior felony conviction on Sept. 13, 2012 for continuous violence against a family in Wharton County.
• Shanee Nichole Stephens, 26, of 403 E. West in El Campo for manufacturing or delivery of a controlled substance and abandoning or endangering a child via negligence on July 14. She allegedly has more than a gram of crack cocaine.
Stephens also stands accused of having a child near marijuana and crack cocaine.
• Christopher Jamal Taylor, 26, of 1301 Kingston Dr., No. B, in Wharton for three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon on June 2. He allegedly participated in a drive-by shooting firing at a home and three people.
• Christopher Adam Tolbert, 34, of 2203 Nancy Lou in El Campo for driving while intoxicated third or more offense on Aug. 19.
Tolbert has two prior misdemeanor convictions for DWI – in November 2001 and December 2004, both in McLennan County. He also has a felony DWI in McLennan County in October 2005.