Grand Jury Indictments
(Note: An indictment is not an indication of guilt, but rather a citizen jury’s verdict that a prosecutor has enough evidence against a person to proceed with felony charges.)
Those facing trial include:
• Jerry Mata Valdez, 46, of 9449 FM 102 Glen Flora for theft with two or more previous convictions on May 25. He allegedly stole an assortment of groceries from a store.
Valdez has two prior misdemeanor theft convictions in Wharton County.
• Mindi Alicia Vargas, 32, of 306 Roans Prairie Lane in Richmond for driving while intoxicated with a child passenger on Aug. 13.
• Daniel Scott Walker, 30, of 2965 FM 3505 in Livingston for driving while intoxicated third or more offense on Aug. 13.
Walker was two prior misdemeanor DWI convictions, both in Polk County.
• Cody Williams, 23, of 200 E. Brazoswood in Clute for possession of a controlled substance on Aug. 8. He allegedly had more than 400 grams of synthetic marijuana.
A superseding indictment adds to or corrects information in a previously issued indictment.
• Jimmy Gonzales aka Jimmy Gonzales Jr., 22, of 203 E. Belle in Wharton for continuous sexual assault of a child between March 1, 2015 and June 30, 2016. The alleged victim was under 14 years of age.
• Jonathan Lee Bruno, 46, of 7000 Fonvilli, Apt. 3105, in Houston for possession of a controlled substance in a drug free zone and obstruction or retaliation on June 11. He stands accused of having less than a gram of methamphetamine within 1,000 feet of Guadalupe Park, 1100 W. Milam in Wharton. On the same day, he allegedly threatened to do harm to a police officer.
Bruno has prior felony convictions: for delivery of a controlled substance in Wharton County and possession of a controlled substance in Harris County.
• Kenneth Gregory Grant, 28, of 9215 Wheatfield Lane in Rosenberg for possession of a controlled substance on June 11, 2017. He allegedly had more than 4 grams of methamphetamine.
Grant has a prior felony conviction for engaging in an organized criminal activity in Victoria County.
• Jordan Renard Joseph, 26, of 109 Fernwood Circle in Victoria for possession of a controlled substance on June 11. He allegedly had more than 4 grams of methamphetamine.
• Lenard Mitchell Baites, 21, of 1508 Palacios in El Campo for six counts of burglary of a building between June 29 and July 8.
• Airren Airric Carranza, 25, of 104 S. Resident in Wharton for possession of a controlled substance on June 8. He allegedly had more than a gram of crack cocaine.
Carranza has three prior felony convictions for possession of a controlled substance, all in Wharton County.